The Gap Year Plan helps students map out their Gap time including a wide range of personal, work, service, volunteer and travel experiences. The Gap Year Plan also includes one-on-one mentoring for students to ensure they stay on track and get the most out of their Gap time.
Gap Year Plan: Details
A successful Gap Year depends on articulating interests and goals, and building these into a well thought out plan. Gap Year Solutions listens to the needs and interests of each student, and works closely with the student and family to structure customized Gap Year activities. Our experience working with students and families, research with program educators, vetting of activities and program options including site visits, and feedback from hundreds of students who have completed Gap Years help us develop Gap Year plans tailored to each student’s individual situation.
For the Gap Year Plan, Gap Year Solutions:
- meets with the student and family in-person (if appropriate) and via email / text / phone to further explore the student’s interests and goals, and pose additional questions and possibilities to help shape options
- prepares initial ideas for how the student may wish to spend their Gap Year time, including paid work, service activities, travel, language study, internships and other experiences
- conducts additional research and consultation with Program Directors and others as needed
- vets specific options to fit within the proposed plan and budget
- delivers a plan consistent with the student’s interests, goals, timing and budget
- provides one-on-one mentoring throughout the student’s Gap time.
The Gap Year Plan includes 15 hours of planning and mentoring time. After this time has been completed, families can elect to continue with planning and mentoring support on an hourly basis.
Families who purchase the Gap Year Plan will receive a detailed Gap Year Plan Service Description.